Confidential STD Testing and Treatment Clinic in Bradenton, FL
PrimeHealth Primary Care offers confidential STD testing, treatment, and management. We ensure your health is our number one priority. Get tested today! For more information contact us now or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 3014 53rd Ave East, Bradenton, FL 34203. We are currently accepting new patients.
Table of Contents:
There are many reasons why you might want to be tested for a sexually transmitted disease or infections (STDs/STIs), if you think you may have contracted a sexually transmitted disease or infection call your primary care doctor right away. They can get you booked in for an appointment, and depending on the situation can offer a treatment option or talk about how to manage your sexually transmitted disease or infection further.
Our primary care doctors at PrimeHealth Primary Care can test for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs/STIs) in our clinic.
This is another great reason why you should be getting regular routine checkups like pap smears and physical exams. Some sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea and chlamydia do not show symptoms. At the time of your routine checkup, primary care doctors offer a routine test to make sure you are in the clear. If you do have a sexually transmitted disease and it is left untreated, it can lead to serious and even permanent health problems. Many sexually transmitted diseases can be cured with the right medicine of your doctor.
Make sure your health is the main priority and book an appointment with your doctor if you are unsure if you may have an STD/STI. We are here for you.
Current signs and symptoms as well as your sexual history can suggest if you have a sexually transmitted disease (STD) or a sexually transmitted infection (STI). To know for sure, a test conducted by a doctor would be done and sent to a lab to identify if you have a sexually transmitted disease or a sexually transmitted infection or not.
The tests that could be conducted when getting tested for a sexually transmitted disease or sexually transmitted infection are:
• Blood test – confirms the diagnosis of HIV or later stages of syphilis
• Urine sample – some STIs can be confirmed through a urine sample
• Fluid sample – if you have open genital sores, your doctor may test with a fluid sample which is a direct sample from the sores to diagnose the type of infection you may have.
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) or sexually transmitted infections (STIs) can be caused by bacteria and are usually easier to treat. Viral infections can be managed but may not always be curable.
Treatment for STIs usually consist of the following:
• Antibiotics – Antibiotics are often a single dose and can cure many sexually transmitted bacterial and parasitic infections like gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, and trichomoniasis. Once you start treatment, it is necessary to follow the instructions when taking the antibiotics.
• Antiviral drugs – If you have HIV or herpes, you’ll be prescribed an antiviral drug. This drug helps to offer fewer recurring herpes outbreaks if you take it as daily suppressive therapy. Herpes and HIV cannot be cured, but managed. However, antiviral drugs can keep HIV at bay for many years. You can still carry the viruses of HIV and herpes and can still transmit it, but it will be at a lower risk. The sooner you start taking the antiviral drug, the more effective it will be.
If you’ve had an STI or STD previously, check-in with your doctor to see how long after treatment you should be re-tested and how often you should come in for routine checkups. Getting re-tested will ensure the treatment is worked and routine checkups will help to make sure you have not been reinfected or have another STI or STD.
If you are looking specifically for STD testing, mainly because you have symptoms, or you have recently been sexual and want to get checked, the main doctors to visit would be a gynecologist, urologist, or your primary care physician like at PrimeHealth Primary Care.
It can be frightening to think you might have a sexually transmitted disease (STD) or a sexually transmitted infection (STI) but finding STD treatment will help. Reaching out to your primary care doctor to get tested is easy. We understand the emotions you will be going through, and we are here to listen and help get you a treatment once the test is complete.
If you or someone you know might have an STD or STI, contact us to book your STD Test. We are confidential and private when it comes to our patient’s health. If you have any questions about STDs or STIs, reach out to your primary care physician to get them answered with accurate information. We are conveniently located at 3014 53rd Ave East, Bradenton, FL 34203. Contact us for more information or request an appointment online. We serve patients from Bradenton FL, Ellenton FL, Palmetto FL, Rubonia FL, Foxleigh FL, and West Samoset FL.